Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Day 10

I've met frustration in the past because of one problem: the emotional rollercoaster fueled by negative thinking.

I've addressed this issue head on by:
1. committing to nurture myself and learn from mistakes as opposed to beating myself up. This defeats negative thinking aimed at myself.

2. Trusting people I meet which defeats negative thinking aimed at the world around me.

3. On top of trusting people, I also reframe situations in which I find myself saying "this sucks." Instead of thinking negatively about being stuck in traffic, I observe and accept the things I see around me by visualizing all of it being a part of me and vise versa. I accept the universe and it is good.

4. I've developed calming techniques for when my negative emotions start to churn and I'm able to return to a logical frame of mind in which I can spot and kill my negative thoughts.

5. Worse comes to worse I have another technique in which I can change my focus from myself to the outside world. This works the same way watching television can keep your mind off of crap you don't want to think about.

So I'm prepared to challenge myself. I'm prepared to put my ego, my fear, and my habits aside and venture far outside my comfort zone. I will be striving to meet new people and try new things. I do have a structure to this madness but I'm not interested in going through the details here. This will be a place to share experiences and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment