Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 7

Hurray for week 1.

I don't want to judge this thought but I will bring it up: I don't have any extended family and I feel like this is quite common for my generation. More importantly I feel that I lack mentors. I don't have that wise old man at the top of the mountain to show me the path. Instead I have a journal where I can try to derive answers through questioning myself and I have google.

Like I said, I'm not going to judge and compare the journal & google method to the old man on the mountain but I do recognize that these are different.

When I want to understand how to trust myself, I go to a website titled "Ask Allana" in purple italics. There's a picture of flowers and an ad that says "inside a boyfriends mind."

I just read what she says and I try not to think about traveling up a steep and dark mountain to find a weathered man with a beard next to a purple sign that says "CatchHimAndKeepHim.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment